Ceramics Production Assistant – Permanent Part Time
$25/hr. ($48,750pa. pro-rata) + 10% superannuation. 3-4 days per fortnight.
LouiseM studio is a small ceramic manufacturer based in Marrickville. Our main body of work is in slip-cast tablewares and homewares for wholesale, retail and business. We are looking to hire a ceramics production assistant on a permanent part time basis to work closely with Louise in making all our beautiful wares, to start in early 2022.
The role will include:
- Assisting in the production of ceramic works, including slip casting, trimming, fettling, sanding, and glazing.
- Working in a systematic fashion and maintaining a tidy workspace.
- Working to a schedule and meeting agreed targets.
- Flexible work hours/days if desired.
- On the job training for all aspects of the role.
- Potential extra benefits for a successful applicant include use of the studio space and equipment for their own projects after hours.
- The right applicant will be good with their hands; and have good dexterity and coordination.
- Needs to be able to lift 16kg unaided e.g., pouring buckets of liquid slip and lifting bags of clay.
- Needs to be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The role can be physically demanding as you will need to be active and on your feet all day in a manufacturing environment. Our studio is a warehouse environment that can get cold in winter and hot in summer.
- No specific qualifications necessary, but prior ceramics experience is a bonus!
Whilst this is a basic entry level role there will be opportunities to expand your scope as the business continues to grow. With more experience the role may expand to include packing and unpacking the kilns, simple plaster mould-making, assisting at market events, packing orders and minor admin tasks.
To apply, please email Louise at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a bit about yourself, and why you’re interested in this role with us.